Application deadline August 1, 2013
The Global Energy Executive MBA is a rigorous program designed to accelerate the leadership and management capabilities of high potential energy industry professionals. While each application will be assessed on its own merits, the following admission criteria apply:
- Work experience
- Undergraduate degree*
- English language proficiency
- GMAT scores
- English proficiency scores
- Letters of reference
- Create online student account
- Pay application fee
- Submit documents online
- Write 'Statement of Intent'
- Sign ‘Statement of Integrity’ form
* If you do not have an undergraduate degree you may still be eligible, depending on GMAT score.
* If your undergraduate-GPA is less than 3.0 you may be required to write the GMAT.
- Work experience -- Applicants should have at least seven years of work experience, preferably related to the energy industry, demonstrating increasing responsibilities, including supervisory experience.
- Undergraduate degree -- Applicants should have an undergraduate degree with supporting transcripts. Certified translations may be required for non-English language transcripts. Applicants holding an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution, with a 3.0/4.0 GPA or first-class standing, are generally not required to write the GMAT for admission to the program.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) -- Applicants who have not graduated from an accredited institution, or who have an undergraduate degree with less than a 3.0/4.0 GPA or first-class standing, are required to write the GMAT. The Admissions Committee reserves the right to require the GMAT of any applicant.
- English language proficiency -- Applicants whose mother tongue is not English may be asked to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.
- Resume -- Applicants must submit a résumé that outlines work experience, educational background and personal interests.
- Transcripts – Official university transcripts from the institution that conferred your undergraduate degree will be required. Certified translations may be required for non-English language transcripts.
- Letters of Reference -- Applicants must submit a Statement of Intent (2-3 pages) that describes the key reasons why they wish to take the program.
- GMAT scores (if required)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (if required)
The application process is primarily online. You will need to create an account and upload all documents.
- Create online account
- Application fee - The non-refundable application fee is CAD$100.
- Statement of Intent - Applicants must submit a Statement of Intent (2-3 pages) that describes the key reasons why they wish to take the program.
- Statement of Intergrity - Applicants must read and sign the "Understanding My Commitment and Statement of Integrity" form.
- Submit documents online
- Interview - Applicants may be interviewed by a member of the Admissions Committee as part of the application screening process.